Šibenik Town Hall
The Town Hall of Šibenik is a very harmonious and open Renaissance building, erected between 1533 and 1546 and situated on the medieval central town square (plathea communis). The ground floor encompasses a cloister (with columns supporting semi-circular arches) from which there was an access to the offices of communal administration. The town hall was completely destroyed in December 1943 during the attack of the allied air forces. It was restored to its original form after the war, as well as organized and equipped in its interior according to the needs of its new function.
The Four Wells
Because of numerous military blockades and dry periods and according to wishes and orders of the inhabitants of Šibenik, the public town cistern "Four Wells" was built during the Middle Ages. The agreement on water supply centre construction between Šibenik County and the master Jacopo Coterra was concluded on January 10th 1446. The construction supervision was consigned to George of Dalmatia (Juraj Dalmatinac), a renowned architect, constructor and sculptor. Nowadays this historical object is renovated and represents the town stage suitable for numerous events. The terrace with the wells has been paved with red stones in a fishbone pattern, as it once was.
The Duke's palace
The Duke's palace is located on the waterfront in the old town centre of Šibenik, where only two wings of this big historical building have been preserved and adapted for the Town Museum of Šibenik restoration. The town duke, the highest representative of the Venetian State authority in the community, was once seated here. A Gothic passage with the town gate passes through the central line of the ground-floor and the town coat of arms with the figure of St. Michael (the patron of Šibenik) is placed above it, whereas the west wing of the palace is turned towards the sacristy and apse parts of the cathedral.